The School of Applied Sciences is made up of
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Science Laboratory Technology
Department of Computer ScienceDiploma Option: National Diploma in Computer Science.
The department of Computer Science was established to produce computer scientists capable of applying the use of computer in areas of data analysis and who can solve software and application problems, prescribe and develop computer programmes to solve a particular problem.
The objectives of the programme include:
- The objectives of this programme are to produce:
- technicians who can use various programmes like: Visual BASIC, OO FORTRAN, OO COBAL, and JAVA
- graduates who know the operation of computer systems and can use computer packages in all aspects of human endeavours
- technicians that can maintain computer software and write/develop software and programmes.
Candidates graduating from this department should have met all the requirements and passed all prescribed courses. The duration for the programme is at least 4 semesters of 17 weeks each. Candidates must have registered and taken a minimum of 15 credit units per semester and a maximum of between 18-20 credit units
Department of Science Laboratory TechnologyDiploma Option: National Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology. .
The department is created to produce competent technicians capable of carrying out various laboratory analyses and research works in industries such as oil, food, brewing, detergent, textiles etc, various hospitals, schools, colleges and research institutes.
The objectives of this programme are to:
- To be able to assist in laboratories with physical analysis and the maintenance of instrumentation.
- To produce graduates that will be able to assist in scientific analysis and experiments in hospitals, schools, colleges and research institutes,
- To produce graduates who can construct and use different types of analytical techniques to achieve desired results on the field.
Candidates graduating from this department should have fulfilled all the requirements and the duration is at least 4 semesters of 17weeks each. Candidates must have registered and taken a minimum of 15 credit units per semester and maximum of between 18-20 credit units.
Visit us and you'll learn that at BESTPOTECH, your future is a part of our history.