The School of Engineering Technology is made up of
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
Department of Electrical and Electronics EngineeringDiploma Option: National Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
The establishment of this Department is to train graduates who will be electrical and electronics technicians to function effectively in the following industries; Manufacturing, assembling, servicing, power generation, transmission, distribution and utilization, Telecommunications and other related industries.
The objectives of the programme include:
- Graduates that can construct simple electrical and electronic circuits when necessary for use in modification or as a part of a system and that can assemble, install and test-run simple electrical and electronic equipment.
- Graduates that can carry out both preventive and corrective maintenance on simple electronic/electrical installation, equipment and appliances and that can select and use appropriate instruments to carry out simple tests and measurement on all types of electrical and electronic installation and equipment under various operating conditions.
- Technicians that can operate relevant equipment and installations whenever required and prepare simple bills of quantities and specifications related to the field of electrical/electronic engineering.
- Graduates that would coordinate and supervise craftsmen in activities related to electrical/electronic engineering services.
Candidates graduating from this department should have satisfied all the requirements and the duration is at least 4 semesters of 17weeks each. Candidates must have registered and taken a minimum of 15 credit units per semester and maximum of between 18-20 credit units.
Visit us and you'll learn that at BESTPOTECH, your future is a part of our history.